This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [SPARC] Segfault when resolving STT_GNU_IFUNC functions
- From: Aurelien Jarno <aurelien at aurel32 dot net>
- To: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 23:13:41 +0200
- Subject: Re: [SPARC] Segfault when resolving STT_GNU_IFUNC functions
- References: <20110508182509.GH24711@hall.aurel32.net><email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 04:51:23PM -0700, David Miller wrote:
> From: David Miller <email@example.com>
> Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 15:16:29 -0700 (PDT)
> > From: Aurelien Jarno <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 20:25:09 +0200
> >> I am experiencing an issue with glibc 2.13 on sparc32 and sparc64 when
> >> multiarch is enabled. In some cases, probably depending on order the
> >> relocations are done, the resolution of STT_GNU_IFUNC functions
> >> (typically memset or memcpy) does a segmentation fault, with a
> >> backtrace looking like that:
> > ...
> >> Help to solve this issue would be appreciated.
> > Thanks for reporting this bug, I'll try to figure out what's wrong
> > and fix it.
> Can you give this patch a try?
Thanks a lot for the patch, and sorry to not come back to you earlier. I
have just tried this patch, and unfortunately it doesn't seems to work
correctly: the niagara version of the function is executed even on an
ultra III system. I haven't debug it more right now, I'll do that
over the week-end and keep you updated.
Aurelien Jarno GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73