This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: 2.11.4: Call for testing
- From: Aurelien Jarno <aurelien at aurel32 dot net>
- To: Petr Baudis <pasky at ucw dot cz>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, schwab at redhat dot com, matz at suse dot de, aj at suse dot de
- Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 12:47:46 +0200
- Subject: Re: 2.11.4: Call for testing
- References: <20110528170106.GD10623@machine.or.cz><20110605101541.GC14074@hall.aurel32.net>
On Sun, Jun 05, 2011 at 12:15:41PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 07:01:06PM +0200, Petr Baudis wrote:
> > Hello!
> > In a week or two, I would like to tag 2.11.4. Testing and suggestions
> Thanks for your work on that.
> > for more bugs to be picked is welcome! (Or if you need more time...)
> You may want to have a look at the two following commits. They have
> been committed after your call for test, so it might be worth waiting
> for 2.11.5 so they get tested a bit more. That said I do wonder if the
> first issue could be exploited for a denial of service attack on daemons
> or applications.
> 8887a920a4b81a500f54893250085e0d1a52cf9a Fix unnecessary overallocation due to incomplete character
> 7ae22829afb2b4ca531d1c00437d428f55d59341 Restore _res correctly
This one might also be important security-wise:
70181fddf1467996bea393d13294ffe76b8a0853 Change setgroups to affect all the threads in the process.
Aurelien Jarno GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73