This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 0/8] Hurd signal code improvements
- From: Jérémie Koenig <jk at jk dot fr dot eu dot org>
- To: bug-hurd at gnu dot org
- Cc: Jeremie Koenig <jk at jk dot fr dot eu dot org>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 23:10:43 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/8] Hurd signal code improvements
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Jeremie Koenig <email@example.com> wrote:
> If you would like to test these patches, I have built
> glibc and hurd (for libpthread) Debian packages with these changes,
> which are available at the following repository:
> ?deb http://jk.fr.eu.org/debian experimental/
> (The glibc package uses slightly different patches with regards to the
> symbol versions. I'll build and upload a new version soon)
A word of caution: it seems libpthread insists on the version of the
symbols new it uses being present, even though these symbols are weak.
(any idea how to fix this?)
This means *your system might stop working* if you don't install the
patched glibc first, then the patched hurd package. Besides, you will
need to downgrade hurd before you change your glibc, including
upgrading to the next version of the patched one.
So I would advise against trying my patched hurd right now.
Alternatively, keep a copy of /lib/libpthread.so.0.3 somewhere and
have busybox ready.
Jérémie Koenig <firstname.lastname@example.org>