This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Fix fenv.h fallback returns
- From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at gmail dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 09:36:23 -0500
- Subject: Re: Fix fenv.h fallback returns
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 20:55, Joseph S. Myers <email@example.com> wrote:
> C99(+TC1) explicitly says that feclearexcept, feraiseexcept and
> fesetexceptflag return zero when their "excepts" operand is zero,
> because nothing needs to be done in that case.
This doesn't mean in the least that the implementation is wrong.
Additional error conditions can be defined and not supporting
exceptions at all definitely qualifies for that. It's stupid to not
return an error. People might get the impression that there is real