This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc.git: hook to prohibit pushing "bad-merge" commits
- From: Jim Meyering <jim at meyering dot net>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>
- Cc: Petr Baudis <pasky at suse dot cz>, "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 08:09:35 +0100
- Subject: Re: glibc.git: hook to prohibit pushing "bad-merge" commits
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com><20101129202221.GX8806@machine.or.cz> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Petr Baudis <email@example.com> writes:
>> I added .gitattributes entry INSTALL -whitespace in the same commit,
> You'll probably need to push that separately.
Unfortunately, even if you commit and push the .gitattributes change
first, the hook still prohibits the subsequent push. As Pasky guessed,
the .gitattributes file is not honored when "git diff" is run in the
context of the bare server-side repository.
That is why I ended up adding the hook infrastructure that allows
running designated commands on the server, e.g., to toggle the
allowbadwhitespace configure flag.