This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: installing the <atomic.h> header?
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Chris Metcalf <cmetcalf at tilera dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 00:52:55 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: installing the <atomic.h> header?
- References: <4CD308BB.email@example.com>
On Thu, 4 Nov 2010, Chris Metcalf wrote:
> Glibc uses <atomic.h> (with <bits/atomic.h>) internally but does not
> install it. The header would seem to be a great way to provide convenience
> wrappers to atomic functionality. On our platforms (TILEPro, TILE-Gx) the
Clearly the proper wrappers to provide would be C1x <stdatomic.h> rather
than exporting glibc's internal interfaces. Given the tricky ABI issues
and compiler interaction, I think you want to wait for the compiler work
described at <http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Atomic> to be more nearly complete
before implementing the header in conjunction with the people working on
that compiler support.
Joseph S. Myers