This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[PATCH 0/4 V3] pi-condvars: condvar protocol API
- From: Darren Hart <dvhltc at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Cc: dvhltc at us dot ibm dot com, dino at in dot ibm dot com, drepper at gmail dot com, tglx at linutronix dot de, peterz at infradead dot org
- Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 16:14:46 -0700
- Subject: [PATCH 0/4 V3] pi-condvars: condvar protocol API
The following patch series implements a protocol setting API for condattrs
in order to make complete their priority inheritance implmemenation and
avoid potential deadlocks dealing with the internal condvar lock. This
series includes two new APIs:
It also provides two "make check" test cases:
Note that this patch series is a proof of concept, and only implmements the C
version of the API and has only been tested on x86_64. In order to test, you
will need to apply this series and remove (or rename) all the pthread_cond*.S
files so that the C implementation is used.
My immediate goal is to agree on the new API.
This version (V3) extricates the pi-condvar patches from the C implementation
of the requeue-pi patches which were lingering in the previous versions of
this patch queue. These patches also include proper glibc ChangeLogs.
IBM Linux Technology Center
Real-Time Linux Team