This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Save and restore SSE registers in _dl_runtime_resolve.
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>
- To: Joe Damato <ice799 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 10:23:45 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Save and restore SSE registers in _dl_runtime_resolve.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 05/11/2010 09:26 AM, Joe Damato wrote:
> It seems that _dl_runtime_resolve should be saving and restoring the
> SSE registers to comply with the amd64 ABI, unless I am reading it
> incorrectly (and I very well could be).
We only need to do that if the dynamic linker clobbers
those registers, and it should not.