This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Many tests fail when gcc passes --no-add-needed to linker
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:44:16 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Many tests fail when gcc passes --no-add-needed to linker
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org><4BBE930D.email@example.com>
Those bogus characters in error messages indicate you are using an old
binutils. You should try the build on a Fedora 13 (beta) install.
There have been fixes other than just that bogus message.
I've just fixed the bona fide problems that were obvious. Now all
that remains is elf/tst-tls1. For these I have not spent the
time to grok the tests enough to know if there is something subtle
going on or not. At first blush it looks like tst-tls10 should link
against tst-tlsmod7, tst-tls11 against tst-tlsmod9, and tst-tls12
against tst-tlsmod11. But I didn't want to fiddle those before being
sure what's really intended in the test code.