Re: Fix libc-abis handling for add-ons

On Tue, 6 Apr 2010, Roland McGrath wrote:

> Ports add-ons should not be overriding main files like that.
> The intent of the add-ons system for ports is that you should
> be able to enable any and all ports add-ons and they have no
> effect unless you are building for an affected configuration.
>
> I've instead changed the handling of the libc-abis file to match that of
> shlib-versions files.  That means you can have them in sysdeps or add-on
> subdirectories, and all found are concatenated together.  Hence the
> contents of an add-on file should not replicate the architecture-independent
> lines in the main file (doing so will screw up the calculation).

I don't see how that would work in general.  MIPS_PLT had its ABI version
before UNIQUE, so needs to come first, but if a ports architecture gets
IFUNC support in future then that postdates UNIQUE and so must go after
the target-independent definitions.  So there isn't a single order of
concatenation for this; ports definitions may need to go both before and
after libc definitions.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com