This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PATCH: Enable IFUNC in libc.a
- From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 13:15:43 -0700
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Enable IFUNC in libc.a
- References: <20090821202809.GA15130@lucon.org>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
H.J. Lu wrote:
> In libc.a, before __libc_csu_init, we can't call any IFUNC functions.
> This patch adds <direct-symbols.h> and include it in files where IFUNC
> functions are called before __libc_csu_init. The __GI__ version of those
> functions will be called instead.
This adds lots of ugly code and sources for possible problems. And for
what? For static linking which shouldn't be used in the first place. I
reluctantly accepted adding any IFUNC support for static linking so that
3rd party code can use it. But inside libc I really don't want it. The
code is complex enough.
â Ulrich Drepper â Red Hat, Inc. â 444 Castro St â Mountain View, CA â
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----