This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PATCH: Don't define str*cmp-ssse3.S in ld.so
- From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 07:08:11 -0700
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Don't define str*cmp-ssse3.S in ld.so
- References: <20090820025530.GA1613@lucon.org>
On 08/19/2009 07:55 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
There is no need to define define str*cmp-ssse3.S in ld.so. They aren't
used at all.
This isn't necessary. Yes, the file gets built. But since there is no
reference the linker will not pull the object file into the final binary.
â Ulrich Drepper â Red Hat, Inc. â 444 Castro St â Mountain View, CA â