This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Get correct CPU frequency from sysfs
- From: Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>
- To: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com,venkatesh dot pallipadi at intel dot com
- Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 22:14:06 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Get correct CPU frequency from sysfs
- References: <20090802191744.GA27105@basil.fritz.box> <4A75E999.email@example.com>
On Sun, Aug 02, 2009 at 12:31:37PM -0700, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> Andi Kleen wrote:
> > Get correct CPU frequency from sysfs
> Where do you see a problem?
I got a report for clock_gettime going backwards. I think that
was on some enterprise distro, either rhel5 or sles10.
> This code should only be used on ancient kernels without the clock_*
> Those kernels also don't have the /sys facilities, I think.
Not sure that's true.
> Don't just send patches, describe the problem first.
Thanks for the encouraging words.
firstname.lastname@example.org -- Speaking for myself only.