This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: qsort_r argument order
- From: Dustin Lang <dstn at cs dot toronto dot edu>
- To: Eus <eus at member dot fsf dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 21:39:50 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: qsort_r argument order
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Exactly as you have said before, it is because qsort_r is not part of any standard.
So, the same argument can be made for BSD and Mac OSX: why they permute the parameters?
qsort_r appeared in FreeBSD in 2002 , possibly earlier in other BSDs.
If I'm not mistaken, it appeared in glibc in 2007 .