Re: glibc 2.8 release on gnu.org?

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Carlos O'Donell <carlos@systemhalted.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 4:24 PM, Brett Neumeier <bneumeier@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is my fault, I dropped the ball on the update. Bear with me
> because I'm new to maintaining the glibc websites (sourceware/gnu).

Ah! I am relieved to learn that someone is actually in charge of that.

>> I would therefore like to volunteer to become a maintainer of the
>> glibc web page at gnu.org, and to create and distribute release
>> tarballs. [..]
> At present we already have a website maintainer, me, but I'm forgetful
> so I appreciate graceful reminders.

I hope my email counted as graceful.

On the subject of creating release tarballs, I have a follow-up
question that I hope someone can answer: up through glibc release 2.7,
there was a "glibc-libidn" add-on as well as the glibc-ports add-on.
Is libidn still a valid add-on? If so, where might I find source for
it? There aren't any references to it that I can find on the glibc
wiki or in the FAQ.

(As far as that goes, it's not clear to me what libidn is for in the
first place. If someone could point me toward relevant information, I
could put something about it on the wiki.)

Regards,

bn

--
Brett Neumeier (bneumeier@gmail.com)