Re: little help with memory leak/management by the glibc 2.3.2?

"Bruce Korb" <bruce.korb@gmail.com> wrote on 04/08/2008 04:50:22 PM:

> On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 12:22 PM, Steve Munroe <sjmunroe@us.ibm.com>
wrote:
> > jairo19@interhosting.us wrote on 04/08/2008 01:41:07 PM:
> >
> >  >    Hola:
> >  >
> >  > This demo program I wrote shows how much memory the process is using
(as
> >  > given by the kernel /proc/self/status interface) before and after I
> >  > request and free memory.
> >  >
> >  > ....
> >
> >  Working as designed. You can read about malloc's internal design by
reading
> >  the comments in the source:
> >
> >  http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/libc/malloc/malloc.
> c?cvsroot=glibc
> >
> >  You may be able to adjust things more to your liking using the mallopt
> >  interface:
> >
> >  http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_mono/libc.
> html#Malloc-Tunable-Parameters

Have you read any of the documentation? If you do you can answer your own
question...

I am trying to teach you how to go fishing, not just hit you in the face
with a dead fish ;-)

I would have to read and internalize the same documentation to answer your
question and I don't know as much about your situation as you do. So it is
best to cut out the middle man.

Then if you have more questions try IRC irc.freenode.net #glibc

Steven J. Munroe
Linux on Power Toolchain Architect
IBM Corporation, Linux Technology Center