This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: disableing locale completely.
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at codesourcery dot com>
- To: seema ravandale <seema dot ravandale at azingo dot com>
- Cc: libc-locales at sourceware dot org, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 11:40:22 -0400
- Subject: Re: disableing locale completely.
- References: <47DA77A1.firstname.lastname@example.org>
seema ravandale wrote:
I am working on toolchain maintained for arm port. I am using option
disable-nls to disable language internationalization. so default locales
installed will be "C" and "POSIX". To set up other locale, i use
As far my knowledge, disable-nls will disable functionality of gettext
Yes, I believe that's the case.
With the libc installation, locale data too get installed, By locale
data, i meant local definitions file, charmaps and message formatter
file (.mo files).
On disabling language internationalization, why are the locale data
files still needed?
Probably because nobody tries it out. You can always remove the files by
Is there a way, or any option already available in libc not to get
locale data files installed?
Alternatively you may wish to look at http://www.eglibc.org, which is
libc but with configuration options. Take a look at the
OPTIONS_EGLIBC_LOCALES feature which disables locale definitions.
(650) 331-3385 x716