This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [patch] fix wrong comparison in yp_order
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jeff Moyer <jmoyer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 07:53:22 -0500
- Subject: Re: [patch] fix wrong comparison in yp_order
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jeff Moyer wrote:
yp_order always returns 0 for the map order. The reason is pretty
Could you file a bug for this in the bugzilla, and attach a patch with a
ChangeLog? A description of how you tested this would also be great e.g.
Setup NIS server etc etc.
yp_order (const char *indomain, const char *inmap, unsigned int *outorder)
result = do_ypcall_tr (indomain, YPPROC_ORDER, (xdrproc_t) xdr_ypreq_nokey,
(caddr_t) &req, (xdrproc_t) xdr_ypresp_order,
if (result == YPERR_SUCCESS) <=============
*outorder = resp.ordernum;
xdr_free ((xdrproc_t) xdr_ypresp_order, (char *) &resp);
That check should actually be !=. The attached patch addresses this.
Note: I have a build running currently, but have not yet tested it.
I agree that that looks incorrect.
(650) 331-3385 x716