This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: libc.pot for glibc 2.6
- From: Alexander Shopov <ash at contact dot bg>
- To: Jakub Bogusz <qboosh at pld-linux dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 23:54:50 +0300
- Subject: Re: libc.pot for glibc 2.6
- References: <20070529175109.GA4806@stranger.qboosh.pl>
I am the coordinator of the Bulgarian TP project.
I sincerely and utterly hate the TP robot - it sucks.
It definitely gets things wrong.
The whole indirection thing in this case does not solve anything.
Can someone recommend another workflow for translation glibc?
As it is not customary for glibc to have many committers (though commit
hooks could make this possible for translators) can we get a committer
to volunteer and just be the point of contact with translators (who
would make their translation, announce them here and attach them to
Jakub Bogusz написа:
> Could you provide updated libc.pot to GNU TP, so translators could
> update translations?
> If glibc 2.6.1 is to be released (as I can read on libc-ports list),
> it's the best time for it, so 2.6.1 could be released with updated
> Using gettext >= 0.15 is preferred as earlier versions generated
> wrong msgids for bash strings with '`' character.