build-locale-archive ?

Hello all,

I've been working on a project for some time now..
It used to be based on FC4, and we're now building a newer version, based on
FC6. At least, it started out as FC6. Recently, I've upgraded most parts to
rawhide, FC6.9, soon FC7.
I think when I updated glibc, I broke a few things...

The project uses FC as the core, then has a graphical interface, which uses
locales...
Now, after I upgraded the FC6 glibc to the latest one, the locales of the
GUI will no longer load.

I read this in the changelog:
----
* Mon Apr 16 2007 Jakub Jelinek <jakub@redhat.com> 2.5.90-21
- don't include individual locale files in glibc-common,
  rather include prepared locale-archive template and let
  build-locale-archive create locale-archive from the template
  and any user supplied /usr/lib/locale/*_* directories,
  then unlink the locale-archive template - this should save
  > 80MB of glibc-common occupied disk space
----

I hope you can tell me how I can solve this problem.
I hope you can tell me how I can load a few (8) locales, so they will appear
properly with the GUI.

Thanks SO much for your help!

L.....