Which regular experssion matching method does Glibc implement, NFA or DFA?

Hey all,

I am a newbie for glibc. I am not sure whether I post question in the
right place. If not, pls forgive me!

I thought that regular expression matching (regexec & regcomp)of the
mainstream glibc is based on NFA instead of DFA. However, What makes me
confused is that I found there were many data structures named dfa* when I
took a look at source code of regcomp.c. could you tell me which one is
glibc implementing, DFA or NFA?

Thanks in advance
Guangdeng