This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Enhance soft-fp for TFmode<->[DI,SI,TI,XF]mode conversions
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 15:50:03 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Enhance soft-fp for TFmode<->[DI,SI,TI,XF]mode conversions
Those of us who care previously agreed that this was the best way to
maintain soft-fp cooperatively. soft-fp is in libc proper rather than in
ports only because sparc, alpha, and powerpc use it for long double. It
would be possible to split the extraneous parts of soft-fp out into ports,
but it hasn't been necessary to do the hassle. Jakub is the authoritative
maintainer of soft-fp in glibc, and AFAIK he is fine with committing these
things in soft-fp when they are correct changes. I think you can just
ignore them and let those who care about soft-fp maintenance handle them.