This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: why glibc must be optimized ?
- From: "Ryan S. Arnold" <rsa at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: Metuki Sabhe <sabhe dot metuki at gmail dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 16:35:48 -0500
- Subject: Re: why glibc must be optimized ?
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: rsa at us dot ibm dot com
This has been answered on this list before.
Glibc requires -O2 optimization because inlining is necessary.
Ryan S. Arnold
On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 08:13 +0300, Metuki Sabhe wrote:
> when I tried to compile glibc like this:
> CFLAGS="-g" ../glibc-2.5/configure
> there was a make error which says that glibc must be compiled
> with optimization.
> why is that ?
> Thank You