Re: functions statically linked on x86_64 while i386 uses glibc functions

> [*] Can you even get a 2GB-long string into expr?

At least on Linux you can't, the kernel limits arguments and environments
to 128K or so. There are some patches floating around to enlarge that
limit, but I don't think it will be ever 2GB because it would be
too risky to pin that much memory unswappable.

I think the others can only get regexprs from command line options too.
It would only make sense if you have a option to input the regexpr
from a file, which neither expr nor nl nor tac have.

So I guess at least on Linux this doesn't make sense.

-Andi