fread split in many read

Hello,

I use strace on some program. And i could see that most of the time,
the transfert get fragmented using 4K paquets.

Bloc layer are design to concatenate consecutive access. So why
fragment to then defragement. Anticipatory scheduler wait for new read
demand, i understood why it's so efficent if each fread are split.

I don't check a lot the fwrite part, but i still see 4K write . Some
file system tend to be atomic on write to avoid trashing file. So
spliting write, destroy this feature.

So I don't understand this. Maybe i miss a point for this split.

Regards,
Nicolas Boulay
ps: i'm not on the list so you could "cc:" me.