Re: Using /dev/full in execv

> Dag Nygren wrote:
> > My problem here is that glibc shouldn't segfault here but preferably
> > tell me what is going on....
>
> You haven't spent a second looking at the code in question, have you?
> Any error message can be fatal, that's the whole purpose of opening that
> device.  There even is a comment in the code explaining that.

OK, checked the code and has one question and one request:

Q. Is doing a forced ABORT really the only thing we  can do here?

REQ:
  Add a comment like this in the FAQ:
  "Strange SIGSGEV:s when forking".
  To work as planned glib needs full access (666) to the
  /dev/null device and from glibc 2.4 even the /dev/full device. If this
access is
  not available, you will see fork aborting (with a SIGSEGV in Linux).

This kind of comment would have saved me quite some time trying
to find out what was going on and I am sure I am not alone

Best
Dag