Determining the filesystem

I am looking for a way to figure the underlying filesystem of a given
file. At present we are using statfs() and then look at the f_type
member to figure out the files system. The problem now is that statfs is
not part of the LSB, only fstatvfs() is and I have not be able to find a
way to figure out the file system from there.

Is there a way to figure out the file system (only interested whether or
not the file system is NFS) by using alternative methods to statfs()? If
not I'll need to get back to the LSB group ask for the statfs()
interface to be included in the LSB.

Thanks,
Robert
--