This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
RE: [PING] Re: String Functions for x86-64
- From: "Evandro Menezes" <evandro dot menezes at amd dot com>
- To: "'H. J. Lu'" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Cc: "Rene Rebe" <rene at exactcode dot de>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, "Ulrich Drepper" <drepper at redhat dot com>, "Meissner, Michael" <michael dot meissner at amd dot com>
- Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 06:51:29 -0500
- Subject: RE: [PING] Re: String Functions for x86-64
> It is on Merom with 4MB cache.
Just a thought: are its caches sizes being correctly detected in
A suggestion WRT cache levels shared among cores: even though it may be
tempting to use up all of the shared cache, it may cool it down for other
threads and bring overall system performance down. So it may be preferable
to sacrifice some raw performance and only use a core's share of it in order
to be a good neighbor. ;-)
Evandro Menezes AMD Austin, TX