This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PING] Re: String Functions for x86-64
- From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: "Menezes, Evandro" <evandro dot menezes at amd dot com>
- Cc: Rene Rebe <rene at exactcode dot de>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>, "Meissner, Michael" <michael dot meissner at amd dot com>
- Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 13:48:21 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PING] Re: String Functions for x86-64
- References: <20060728182534.GA24997@lucon.org> <84EA05E2CA77634C82730353CBE3A84307AA4C41@SAUSEXMB1.amd.com>
On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 02:37:47PM -0500, Menezes, Evandro wrote:
> Hi, HJ.
> > We took a closer look at the new memcpy. We found that the new memcpy
> > was faster than the old one for sizes 1-1024 bytes, but much slower
> > than the old one for sizes > 1024 bytes. We are still investigating.
> Did you observe differences slow downs in the order of 0.5% in some cases as in http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2006-05/txt00001.txt too?
When around 2MB, slow down is more than 100%.
> How about the other routines submitted, what did you find out about them?
We are working on others.