This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Status of long-double-128 soft-fp for powerpc32
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Steven Munroe <munroesj at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, libc-ports at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:24:55 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Status of long-double-128 soft-fp for powerpc32
- References: <448F44FE.email@example.com>
On Tue, 13 Jun 2006, Steven Munroe wrote:
> I opened a glibc bugzilla
> <http://sources.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2749> to track
> progress on this topic. This bugzilla contains patches which to libc,
> ports, and gcc which allow powerpc32 to configure --without-fp and
> -mlong-double-128, make and make check. A number of make check failures
> remain to be resolved.
> Hopefully this will allow interrested parties to build gcc-4.1/glibc-2.4
> soft-fp for themselves and pitch in with the debugging that remains :)
I think we should get the patches to ports and GCC checked in more or less
as is, as being clearly an improvement on the present situation even
though more work is needed.
The libc patch may be more risky; perhaps you could create an fenv_libc.h
for powerpc/nofpu in order to reduce the size of patch required?
Joseph S. Myers