This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc detected *** corrupted double-linked list
- From: Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry dot com>
- To: Bruce Korb <bkorb at gnu dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 20:26:48 +0200
- Subject: Re: glibc detected *** corrupted double-linked list
- Bcc: Petter Reinholdtsen <petter dot reinholdtsen at usit dot uio dot no>
- References: <4481C54E.email@example.com> <20060603182025.GA30373@nevyn.them.org>
> These messages come from malloc debugging, so presumably the linked
> list is internal to malloc (e.g. for the free list). You've
> probably scribbled over something.
Try using <URL:http://valgrind.org/> to see if you can pinpoint the
error. It is quite good at finding memory handling error.
It is quite unlikely that your problem is a bug in glibc, so this is
most likely not a good mailing list to discuss your problem. If you
can verify that your problem is indeed a bug in glibc, please report
it, but until then, you are better off asking for help on a mailing
list discussing C programming and not glibc development.