glibc 2.4

As threatened, I've made the 2.4 release.  Like I said before, I expect
that for some time to come we won't branch the tree and will continue to
make fixes and improvements on the trunk for 2.4.x.  Please don't bother
me now with what things you wish had been done before the release.
Instead, tell me what you are doing right now to help us get organized
and tie up loose ends in a 2.4.1 release.  If I haven't gotten to the
thing you think matters, then maybe it's because there are a whole lot of
things that matter that aren't being gotten to either.

Please take the initiative in finding ways to help things get better.  We
need updates to the web pages.  The FAQ may well be rather out of date.
I have posted voluminously on what you might do with Bugzilla.  When we
are on top of all these things, the queue of other things needing done
will have a much better chance to shrink faster.  I hope you want to get
active right now.  I will try to spend a few days not dealing with libc,
which is how I sometimes imagine I could spend a lot more of my days.  We
need your help.  Getting to the 2.4 release could have been a lot better
in what got done, and I want the 2.4.1 release process to be more orderly
and more comprehensive.  I want to see more get done than before, and I
am not going to do as much of it by myself as I have done heretofore.

Thanks,
Roland