Re: glibc 2.4 release imminent

On Mar  1, 2006, Roland McGrath <roland@redhat.com> wrote:

> The time has come.  I will make the glibc 2.4 release in the next few days.

/me wonders why his simple bug-fix patch has been ignored since at
least last September, last-posted on Feb 6.  Not to mention the TLS
ABI extensions for ia32 and amd64 that should have gone in a long time
ago, but so far haven't even deserved a comment.  You realize GCC 4.2
and binutils do expect support from glibc for the new relocation
types, right?  Is this going to have to wait for glibc 2.5?  Or can we
push these fixes into glibc like glibc pushed the 128-bit long double
changes onto GCC? :-/

Secretary for FSF Latin America        http://www.fsfla.org/