Re: ld-linux.so.2 cannot process libpthread.so.0

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, Mark Jessee mused:
> Thanks for the good info.  I tried LD_DEBUG=libs and it shows (exert):
> trying file=/lib/tls/libpthread.so.0
> trying file=/lib/libpthread.so
>
> So it seems to not like the contents of /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0.  I
> think it *must* be the cpu because when I run it on my laptop (same
> libraries, same gcc, same kernel) it works fine and uses NPTL.  The
> cpu is the only thing that is different!

How did you configure it? If you configured the copy in /lib/tls with
something like --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu, I'd expect it to get skipped on
i386 (or to crash: I'll admit that having an ld-linux.so.2 built for one
submodel of CPU trying to load a glibc built for another submodel is
probably... outside design parameters).

(What does eu-readelf say about the two libraries? Any significant
differences?)

--
`Y'know, London's nice at this time of year. If you like your cities
 freezing cold and full of surly gits.' --- David Damerell