Re: ld-linux.so.2 cannot process libpthread.so.0

On 12/1/05, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 11:12:18AM -0700, Mark Jessee wrote:
> > Is there a reason that the libpthread.so.0 from my Mandriva
> > distribution wouldn't work when copied onto the AMD Elan board?  For
> > what reasons will ld-linux.so.2 reject the contents of
> > libpthread.so.0?  I've been stuck on this for a couple of days so any
> > suggestions are appreciated!
>
> Many.  You _must_ have ld.so match all the other components of glibc
> that you are using.  Probably the ld.so you are using does not support
> thread local storage, or else the libpthread.so you copied over
> requires a different kernel than the one your target is running.
>

> --
> Daniel Jacobowitz
> CodeSourcery, LLC

Hi Daniel,
I've copied all the necessary files /lib files from my host machine.
The strange thing is that when I use chroot into my target root
filesystem it works fine.  Its only when I run it on the target (using
the identical root filesystem) that it fails to process
libpthread.so.0.  Both kernel versions are the same (2.6.11).  Any
suggestions?