This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Developing Linux native aio bindings in glibc
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Pradeep Padala <ppadala at eecs dot umich dot edu>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:59:49 +0200
- Subject: Re: Developing Linux native aio bindings in glibc
- References: <42B829A9.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 10:52:25AM -0400, Pradeep Padala wrote:
> I am planning to create native aio bindings in glibc. I am aware of
> libposix-aio by Sebastien Dugue and some earlier work done by Ben
> LaHaise in this regard. I am in touch with Sebastien and planning to use
> his work. Just posting here to avoid duplication work. Let me know if
> anybody else is working on this.
It probably will not compile with current CVS glibc and will need some minor
tweaks, the last time it has been used was more than a year ago.
It has been (successfully) used with Red Hat 2.4.xx kernel backport of
kernel aio, but as 2.6.xx kernel aio is more limited than 2.4.xx backport
was, it is not really much useful.