This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [patch] hp-timing for powerpc64
- From: Paul Mackerras <paulus at samba dot org>
- To: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Matthieu Castet <castet dot matthieu at free dot fr>, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 21:36:41 +1000
- Subject: Re: [patch] hp-timing for powerpc64
- References: <42B280A4.email@example.com><42B3966D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Ulrich Drepper writes:
> The use of mftb seems wrong. Yes, it measures something. But the
> problem is that what is measures is different from machine to machine.
> This makes the values basically useless.
Do we use rdtsc on x86 machines? If not rdtsc, what do we use?