Re: Why cvs version different from snapshot? (and more)

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 04:00:01PM +0200, Demo Account wrote:

> 1. I always succeed to compile cvs version, but have no luck with snapshot version.
> What's wrong with it?

You're using GCC4 to compile a Glibc stable branch snapshot which is not
supported. Only the Glibc cvs trunk is compilable with GCC4. See this post
from Roland for details:

  http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-hacker/2005-03/msg00022.html

It is possible to cherry-pick patches from the trunk and apply them to the
branch for a successful compilation with GCC4. But this is only recommended
for testing and for playing. See here for more details:

  http://www.diy-linux.org/gcc4.html

Regards
Greg