Scripting glibc download

Ulrich has said that, rather than tarballs, the preferred method
for downloading new versions of glibc is cvs.

Accordingly, I'm adding cvs support to crosstool.
Here's the (ugly but working) script I'm using.
Crosstool will run this script the first time
a user requests a particular date's version of glibc; the script
creates a pair of tarballs (one for glibc, one for linuxthreads).
After that, crosstool will always use the cached tarballs rather than
burden the cvs server.

Question: would the cvs server be happier if I passed -z 3?
Or would it make sense to have monthly tarballs on the server,
and avoid scripting cvs retrieval at all?

Thanks,
Dan

#!/bin/sh # Script to retrieve glibc source via CVS as of a certain date # Usage: grab.sh YYYYMMDD # Creates glibc-YYYYMMDD.tar.gz and glibc-linuxthreads-YYYYMMDD.tar.gz if test "$1" = ""; then echo Usage: grab.sh YYYYMMDD exit 1 fi mkdir -p temp.$$ cd temp.$$ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/glibc co -D $file -d glibc-$file libc tar --exclude CVS --exclude linuxthreads* -czf ../glibc-$file.tar.gz glibc-$file cd glibc-$file tar -czf ../../glibc-linuxthreads-$file.tar.gz linuxthreads* cd .. cd .. rm -rf temp.$$

-- My technical stuff: http://kegel.com My politics: see http://www.misleader.org for examples of why I'm for regime change