This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: gcc/binutils or glibc ? RELOC problem while build glibc for alpha.
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, Balint Cristian <rezso at rdsor dot ro>, "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:56:54 +0100
- Subject: Re: gcc/binutils or glibc ? RELOC problem while build glibc for alpha.
- References: <email@example.com> <20040226183656.GB27069@redhat.com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 10:36:56AM -0800, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 08:04:22PM +0200, Balint Cristian wrote:
> > # rpm -qa | grep glibc
> > glibc-2.3.2-101
> > : relocation truncated to fit: GPREL16 _dl_skip_args
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > make: *** [/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/glibc-2.3.3-200402201559/...
> What version of glibc are you building, exactly? I did a
> successful build of glibc cvs from Feb 20 myself...
That's weird, because Uli made _dl_skip_args attribute_relro
on Feb, 14th, and there were clearly no further changes in alpha
/* Nonzero if we were run directly. */
unsigned int _dl_skip_args attribute_relro attribute_hidden;
/* See if we were run as a command with the executable \n\
file name as an extra leading argument. */ \n\
ldl $1, _dl_skip_args($gp) !gprel \n\