This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: __curbrk (and &_end)
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Robert Millan <zeratul2 at wanadoo dot es>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, glibc-bsd-hackers at nongnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:21:30 -0800
- Subject: Re: __curbrk (and &_end)
If you want libc.so to refer to the program's _end, you need to make sure
the version script for building libc.so exports _end such that its
references will be resolved by the dynamic linker and matched up with the
program's definitions. However, I think relying on _end is probably not
the way to go. You can instead look at the PT_LOAD headers to find the end
of the data segment.