This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] PPC enable Altivec for setjmp/longjmp part 1 of 5
- From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>
- To: Steve Munroe <sjmunroe at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 15:26:11 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PPC enable Altivec for setjmp/longjmp part 1 of 5
- Organization: Red Hat, Inc.
- References: <OF2BEC55F7.90906B48-ON86256E39.007BD841-86256E39.007FE04D@us.ibm.com>
Steve Munroe wrote:
> Thought I needed features.h to get the __THROW definitions but I can use
You don't need __THROW in internal headers. __THROW is only for C++.
> sys/cdefs.h. I missed the __BEGIN_DECLS in my last pass. Gone now. The
> include protection is just habit and forgot to change the name. How about
> I change this to:
> +#ifndef __NOVMX_SETJMP_H
> +#define __NOVMX_SETJMP_H 1
> +#include <sys/cdefs.h>
> +#include <bits/wordsize.h>
No need for the sys/cdefs.h include either.
> NOVMX needes its own definition as the offset to __mask_was_saved and
> __saved_mask will differ because the size of __jmpbuf changes. Is it
> clearer if I change the name?
Yes, please do that.
> +/* copied from setjmp/setjmp.h, powerpc/bits/setjmp.h and modified
> + appropriately to keep backward compatible with setjmp without
> + AltiVec/VMX support. This file is not exported and the interfaces
> + are private to libc. */
That's fine. This together with removing the other bits only used in
public headers will make it clear that this is an internal header.
â Ulrich Drepper â Red Hat, Inc. â 444 Castro St â Mountain View, CA â