This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PATCH: Optimize memcmp for ia32
- From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 22:08:08 -0800
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Optimize memcmp for ia32
- References: <20040205001126.GA24827@lucon.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 07:02:33AM +0100, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> "H. J. Lu" <email@example.com> writes:
> > This patch optimizes memcmp for ia32. I got average speeup by around
> > 400%.
> ia32? I haven't seen a processor called ia32 ;-)
> On which actual implementations did you test it? Does it bring a
> speed up on all supported platforms?
I tested it on all available Pentium 4/M processors. I believe it
should benefit all modern processors. BTW, I used test-memcmp.c to
measure the speedup.