Re: VERY Strange interaction between strcoll, Qt, and locale

Albert Astals Cid <tsdgeos@terra.es> writes:

> Hi, i have been speaking with Trolltech people with what i though was a Qt
> (their library) bug, but after both them and me looking at it, it seems it is
> a very strange interaction between strcoll, Qt, and the current system
> locale.
>
> I send two attached programs.
>
> Both are the same except test4 has a QApplication object and test3 has not.
> Both use strcoll to compare the same strings.
> Both give the same results with LC_ALL= en BUT if i set LC_ALL=es_ES test3 and
> test4 give to me DIFFERENT results.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks for any input on this.
>
> Albert.
>
> P.S: I'm not subscribed to the list, so please keep me CC'ed
>
> P.S: If you are not familiar with Qt a typical line to compile a QT program is
> gcc -o test4 test4.cpp -I $(QtIncludePath) -L $(QtLibPath) -lqt-mt

Sorry, we're not going to debug problems in qt.  Please send a
self-contained C program that shows the problem.

Btw. you're using strcoll but do not call setlocale, this might be the
problem.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger, aj@suse.de, http://www.suse.de/~aj
  SuSE Linux AG, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany