Re: ld.so.1 broken with gcc 3.3.1 on GNU/Hurd

   I reproduced what you saw.  The bogus resolution of the _exit refs
   is an ld bug.  However, we should probably work around it by
   arranging that _exit be given a PLT slot.  That is necessary for
   correctness if _exit can ever be called from ld.so after startup.
   It probably shouldn't ever be, but the PLT slot won't hurt.

Where can I find more info about all of this anyway?  Not much of what
you have written in this thread makes much sense to me since I have
only a very vauge idea of what should happen during reallocation.  I
am also having a hard time seeing how this is a ld bug, since only the
gcc version was changed.  Could you shed some light on that?

Thanks a lot!