This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Spurious rebuild of Versions.v.i
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 13:53:34 -0800
- Subject: Re: Spurious rebuild of Versions.v.i
> I'm seeing a really strange build failure. It's too intermittent for me to
> reproduce with debugging.
If you can handle the spew, you could try passing --debug=b to make all the
time so we can examine the messages the next time it bites you.
> Something causes Versions.v.i to be rebuild during processing of a
> subdir; unfortunately, it happens during resolv.
We should figure out and fix the spurious rebuild problem. But you could
have changed shlib-versions or whatever and then rebuilt in resolv and that
should work right. Setting CPPFLAGS globally in a subdir is highly
questionable. For resolv, I think that setting is really only needed for
gethnamadr.c and so it should be CPPFLAGS-gethnamadr.c instead.