This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Trouble building current CVS libc on RH9
- From: Dan Kegel <dank at kegel dot com>
- To: sean at xenadyne dot com
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, phil-list at redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 17:07:07 -0700
- Subject: Re: Trouble building current CVS libc on RH9
- References: <200310232343.h9NNhKDT004466@bolo.xenadyne.com>
I'm trying to build an October 22 CVS checkout of libc,
because I want to do some tests on current NPTL ...
$ ../libc/configure --with-tls --enable-add-ons=nptl --disable-profile --prefix=/home/sean/gnu
Problem 1: configure fails in libc/nptl/sysdeps/pthread/configure,
due to "error: CFI directive support in assembler is required".
I upgraded to binutils 2.13.92 and this did not currect the error.
Is this actually an autoconf problem?
You're the fifth person to run into this; people started hitting this
in July. I suspect updating to binutils-126.96.36.199.5 would help, though I
haven't tried this at all myself yet.