This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PATCH: Implement static dl_iterate_phdr
- From: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- To: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 00:33:20 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Implement static dl_iterate_phdr
H. J. Lu wrote:
> BTW, my user finds dl_iterate_phdr useful on other arches, but it is
> kind of useless when it only works with dynamic binaries.
I use it in a program that preloads itself as a library, before running
some other program (the functionality it provides is the same as -pg, but
works for any dynamic binary). So it's not useless for me, and I couldn't
care less for static binaries in this case.
There's more to the world than your testcase.