This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PATCH: Implement static dl_iterate_phdr
- From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 16:36:38 -0700
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Implement static dl_iterate_phdr
- References: <20031013183254.GA3883@lucon.org> <3F8B0F1D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 01:46:21PM -0700, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> H. J. Lu wrote:
> > The new linker provides __executable_start. This patch implements
> > static dl_iterate_phdr with it.
> I'm going to ignore all patches from you which don't include a detailed
> desription of why they are needed. And I'm starting with this one.
I was asked why dl_iterate_phdr didn't work on static binaries for
IA32. I don't see why it shouldn't work.