This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Bogosity of merging GLOB_DATs with JUMP_SLOTs (was: Re: [PATCH] Fix PLT infinite loop for cris-*-*.)
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, Uwe_Reimann at gmx dot net,binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 12:49:45 -0700
- Subject: Re: Bogosity of merging GLOB_DATs with JUMP_SLOTs (was: Re: [PATCH] Fix PLT infinite loop for cris-*-*.)
> So, for visible-pointer equality, a PLT in the executable is
> always required for the referenced function even if there are no
> calls, which also seems to happen (for at least ia32 and CRIS).
Yes, any non-PIC code that refers to the symbol in the executable requires
that there be a PLT entry so that it can be the link-time constant address
that the symbol means for comparison.